In 1746 Radomyshl became the residence of the Uniate metropolitans and a consistory appeared in the city – the governing body of the metropolitan affairs, theological seminary, and the metropolitan house. In 1783 Along with the consistory, the construction of the majestic cathedral began, which, unfortunately, came to an end with the arrival of the Russian Empire. However, in 1911, a water tower was built on part of the foundation of this cathedral, which, along with its main purpose, was used as a fire tower, as well as an observation deck for a limited number of people, such as photographers (preserved photographs taken in 1913 year).
The water tower is a striking example of industrial architecture, built in 1911 by architect K. Ensch. It is one of the business cards of the city.
Address: in the center of Radomyshl, next to St. Nicholas Cathedral, on the territory of secondary school № 5.