Lviv City Hall is an administrative building in the central part of Lviv on Rynok Square. Throughout its existence, the town hall has been the seat of the central city government of Lviv. Today it is the residence of the Lviv City Council. An architectural monument of national importance, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The modern tower of Lviv City Hall is 65 meters high and is the tallest in Ukraine.
The first mention of the town hall appears in documents in 1381, for a long time it was wooden. The town hall was rebuilt in 1491. After two fires, the city authorities decided to build a building of stone, and by the end of the Middle Ages it was a whole complex of buildings. The third Lviv city hall was built in the Renaissance style in 1619. Part of the old tower was demolished, and in its place grew a new 58-meter tower with 4 dials. At the end of its spire was a lion – a symbol of the city, which is now stored in the Lviv Historical Museum, as well as a bullet and an eagle – symbols of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
During the XVIII century the basement of the town hall was overgrown with various buildings: new ones were built, the old ones were destroyed, which eventually led to the destruction of the town hall itself. In 1851, the town hall was repaired after it was damaged in 1848 by Austrian troops, and the domed top of the tower was replaced by a toothed one. A year later, new clocks were installed on the tower, which are currently the oldest in Ukraine. Exactly at noon the city anthem is heard here, and on weekends from 9:00 to 19:00 every two hours a trumpet player plays