In 1497, King Alexander Jagiellonian of Poland provided funds for the construction of a Dominican monastery and the Church of the Holy Trinity in Volodymyr, but very little documentary material about the monastery has survived.
It is known that the monastery owned a large plot of land with a pond and garden, a water mill, several yards. The monastery had the right to maintain an inn, brew and sell beer, honey, vodka, wine. From historical documents we learn that the church building was elongated, and its facade faces the city. The temple had 22 windows, 12 mirror chandeliers, and a bell tower with five bells was nearby.
During the fire in the XIX century the church was badly damaged, and the next fire destroyed the shrine permanently. The monastery buildings and the bell tower have survived to the present day.
In the former cells in the XIX century city courts took place, and on the ground floor there was a city archive, a museum. In the 1940s, the monastery buildings were occupied by a border detachment. A local vocational school has been located here since the 1950s.