The Carmelite Church and Monastery is a landmark in the history and architecture of Dubno. The complex of buildings was created in the XVII-XVIII centuries in baroque style. It consists of a brick church, a cell building and a brick gate in the southern part, where the main entrance to the building is located.
In 1890, the entire territory of the Carmelite monastery, together with the buildings by royal decree, was transferred to the Exaltation of the Cross desert. The church was turned into a church in honor of St. Job of Pochaiv. A bell tower was added above the entrance gate, and a high spire with a bathhouse was added above the church.
In 1922 the church and monastery were handed over to the Barefoot Carmelites. But soon the monastery passed to the Catholic nuns – Sisters of Providence. They kept a children’s shelter and a school here. In addition, there was a vocational school called “Factory School”. Today it is an oncology hospice run by Dubno Medical College.
In 2004, rooms were allocated here for the house church and for cells for the inhabitants of the monastery. Regular services are organized in the monastery. There are many shrines of the Orthodox Church in the monastery, including the relics of the saints: the great martyr Barbara and the great martyr and healer Panteleimon; Agpita, healer of Kiev-Pechersk and St. Job Pochaivsky; one of the babies killed in Bethlehem.
Currently, the monument is on the balance of the State Historical and Cultural Reserve of Dubno