The house of contracts was built on the Market Square in the late eighteenth – early nineteenth century during the contract fairs in Dubno. It is known that the building or part of it was purchased in the early twentieth century. Jewish water carrier Greenberg after his return from the Russo-Japanese War, where he was mobilized in 1905. The stylistic solution of the architectural image of the building is dominated by the techniques of shaping, typical of the era of eclecticism.
The building was used not only as a living space. The owner on the second floor was equipped with a theater, which hosted groups from Lutsk and Rivne, Kotka and Novohatsky choirs, a symphony orchestra of the Polish Navy, Shevchenko evenings, works by Ukrainian playwrights, and a club of working intelligentsia.
In the 1920s and 1930s, the first floor of the Contract House was occupied by shops, and the second floor was occupied by a cinema. Films were shown in Greenberg’s house during the German occupation. In Soviet times, there was a House of Culture here, now it is a city house for children and youth – the decoration of Independence Square, which for more than two decades it serves children.