The complex of historical and architectural ensemble of Lutsk Brotherhood of the Holy Christ consists of the church of the Exaltation of the Cross and the monastery quarters. The complex of the Brotherhood was built mainly during 1630-1640s. For a long time it was a political center of an orthodox population of Volyn, however at the turn of XVII-XVIII centuries the Brotherhood began decaying. In XVIII century it suffered from fires, and in XIX century the church was almost ruined. Although the monastery remained almost in its original state with just a little reconstruction work done after the fires, the current church – is just an altar part of the former great church with a rectangular Soviet outbuilding.
Now the monastery is used partly for residing, and the church is restored and used by the Volyn regional brotherhood of Andriy Pervozvany, who is an heir of Lutsk Brotherhood of the Holy Cross. There is also a museum of the history of Lutsk brotherhood in the premise of the former monastery